Saturday, March 13, 2010

Some recent thoughts and quotes to change the page...





Two thoughts of my own, which I wrote down for their amazing profundity:

Being home is really something of a sacrifice, yet it’s a blessing at the same time, as sacrifices usually are. – Personal observation

I had to first accept my own voice as a writer, that I am not Pavrotti with a pen, or Gabriel Garcia Marquez, or Alice Munro or Jhumpa Lahiri – but it is my voice. It is how I write. Whether or not others like it, it is my authentic voice. – Personal observation

Regarding international politics:

Weakness is a provocation. – heard quoted from unknown source by Mark Steyn on the Rush Limbaugh Show 11-6-2009

Mind-boggling quotes:

For one must first know one is in prison in order to work intelligently to escape. - Philip Novak

Strength does not come from phsycial capacity – it comes from an indomitable will. – Mohatma Ghandi

I have always imagined Paradise will be a kind of library - Jorge Luis Borges

Some quotes pulled from J.K. Rowling's commencement speech at Harvard in 2008 (discovered on TED.com, a fantastics site for learning just about anything!):

As is a tale, so is life – not how long but how good – that is what matters. – Seneca

Rock bottom became the firm foundation on which I rebuilt my life. – J.K. Rowling

On abortion:

It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish.- Mother Teresa

Other quotes from Mother Teresa:

Jesus said love one another. He didn't say love the whole world.

The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving.

1 comment:

Mark said...

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history. "
Mohandas Gandhi
Beautiful and thought provoking Cheryl. Your growing as an artist, and a thinker. The most developed minds are open ones.
Loving You,
-Mark-
"Know thyself."
Delphi ancient greece.