Friday, April 23, 2010

Quotes on Venice, Italy





Streets flooded. Please advise. – telegram from Robert Benchley in Venice to his editor

Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolates at one go. – Truman Capote

In the winter Venice is like an abanadoned theater. The play is finished but the echoes remain. – Arbit Blatas

*** I know -- more random quotes. Why Venice? I'm not sure. It's a place I've never been, but when I stumbled upon these quotes a few years ago I realized I want to visit there some day -- definitely not in the summer when it is overrun with tourists.

Mostly I just wanted to advance the page a little because it's been so long since I last blogged. I've been working again - for the Census again. I am an 'enumerator instructor / crew leader.' This full-time working thing is a very, very hard adjustment. Thank goodness it is yet another temporary job, and the type that only comes along every decade or so.

I realized the other day that I am multi-tasking my life, and everyone knows that when you're multi-tasking it's difficult to do anything well. So I am re-thinking my priorities and wondering why I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I guess I fell into the trap of beleiving that when your youngest child is in school you should be contributing to the family coffers, even though it might be better for all concerned (children, husband, self) to take care of things at home and pursue lifelong goals.

No comments: