Tuesday, November 2, 2010

No One Asked My Opinion, But I'm Giving It

Once or twice a year I get to express myself at the ballot box.

I haven't been interviewed by any polsters this election, but I have a lot more than usual to say. On local matters I'll say it all at the polls, but here are some of my stream-of-consciousness opinions (unsolicited) on a variety of other political figures:

on Nancy Pelosi - She SHOULD be ashamed of several things: suggesting that that protesting "Tea Partiers" were wearing swastikas, motivated by racism; linking arms with other Congressmen to march up the Capitol steps through a crowd of angry protestors with an oversized gavel in her hands to pass hugely unpopular welfare reform, a 2000+ page bill no one had read. She did not have to walk up the steps beaming from ear to ear - it was just one more way to demonstrate her power.

on Christine O'Donnell (Delaware senate candidate)-- I believed the early anti-hype about her (her shocking lack of experience, etc.) but when I heard her speak so eloquently and with conviction, I was reassured that she would be a good senator. The polls indicate she will not win.

on Meg Whitman (California gubernatorial candidate) -- A whore? Oh come on! I am extremely impressed with her on every level and can NOT imagine how Jerry Brown could possibly win. He is the west coast version of Joe Biden and a total joke. If Californians are stupid enough to vote for Barbara Boxer and Jerry Brown, I hope the federal government will not bail the state out as it continues its inevitable decline. Elections have consequences, as the saying goes.

on Harry Reid (Senate Majority Leader) and Karen Angle (Nevada senate candidate) -- I'm sure Harry is a fine man, but he's always wrong politically and has to go. Karen Angle has been unfairly criticized becasue she is a normal citizen and not a lifelong political hack. I will admit that when I first heard her interviewed on the radio by Laura Ingraham I was not impressed with some of her positions, but I hope she wins (and I think she will, barring election fraud, which is a very real possibility.)

on Marco Rubio (Florida senate candidate) -- Wow! I heard him speak for the first time a week ago and he is definitely a future presidential candidate. His biography is inspirational all by itself. He should win today.

I hope Obama's senate seat goes to Kirk in Illinois and that all of Ohio goes Republican.

From sea to shining sea, people are justifiably enraged! Thank goodness for midterms!!!!!!

No comments: