Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pictures from Antelope Island, Utah


A tree in a corral at Garr Ranch on Antelope Island. This tree has probably given shade to a lot of grateful animals over the years.

Poppies and iris blooming at the ranch. Loved the contrast!

I've always been a fan of layering mountains. These islands lie north of Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake.

We estimate that we saw about 400 head of buffalo yesterday, many of them babies. We could hear them rumbling and grunting as they made their way north along the water's edge on the east side of the island.

Sunset at the Antelope Island Marina as seen from the causeway. Makes me think of Jimmy Buffet songs.


So much beauty so close to home! Antelope Island is one of my favorite places, but I was eaten alive by mosquitoes last night while taking these photos. I am now covered with baking soda paste from head to toe. Still, I would have to say it was worth it to take a mini vacation for a few hours.

We waited for the sunset, then realized the sunrise would be beautiful there as well, peaking up over the Wasatch Front. Maybe later this summer...

No comments: