Monday, January 18, 2016

Quotes and Thoughts on BEGINNING

Every journey ends at the BEGINning of another journey. - Anonymous

One who fears failure limits his worth. Failure is the opportunity to BEGIN again more intelligently. – Henry Ford

It is better to BEGIN in the evening than not at all. – English proverb

You can’t solve every problem, particularly if the problem isn’t yours to BEGIN with. – Dear Abby

The BEGINning is the most important part of the work.  – Plato

Attention is the BEGINning of devotion."-  Mary Oliver

To love oneself is the BEGINning of a life-long romance. – Oscar Wilde

The journey of a thousand miles BEGINs with one step. – Lao-tse

Now this is not the end. It is not even the BEGINning of the end.  But it is, perhaps, the end of the BEGINning. – Winston Churchill

Don’t despair. The world is round. What looks like the end may only be the BEGINning. – Unknown

But this revolutionary act of treating ourselves tenderly can BEGIN to undo the aversive messages of a lifetime. - Tara Brach 

Peace BEGINs with a smile. - Mother Teresa 

The secret of a good sermon is to have a good BEGINning and a good ending, and to have the two as close together as possible. - George Burns

Everyone has two lives. The second one BEGINs when you realize you only have one. – Steven Sotloff, American journalist killed by ISIS in Syria in 2014

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it BEGIN here" -- Captain John Parker, 1775 (commander at the Battle of Lexington)

Tomorrow is a new day; BEGIN it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I Happened To Be Standing" by Mary Oliver

While I was thinking this I happened to be standing
just outside my door, with my notebook open,
which is the way I BEGIN every morning.
Then a wren in the privet began to sing.
He was positively drenched in enthusiasm,
I don't know why. And yet, why not.
I wouldn't persuade you from whatever you believe
or whatever you don't. That's your business.
But I thought, of the wren's singing, what could this be
      if it isn't a prayer?
So I just listened, my pen in the air.





No comments: