Thursday, May 29, 2008

Realization: Maybe I Am the Center of the Universe

It occurred to me this morning while serving cold cereal, signing school notes, tying pony tails, and writing out a lunch money check that moms are (sometimes) the center of the universe.

For years I've tried to remember that I am NOT the center of the universe - that I don't have to control everything or be involved in everything - but in the lives of four of my favorite people, I am, like it or not. It dawned on me for the first time that for them I am THE MOM, the only mom. They have a right to rely on me, and it is my privilege to serve them as I teach them to rely on themselves.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are also the center of my universe. Yet, I picture it like two suns that revolve around each other - a binary system.

Love ya, oh eternal companion!

Cheryl said...

Scott, that is much too mushy for my blog.

Acton Family Member said...

Everybody, everyplace and everything is the center of the universe!
GPA