Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Two Thought Provoking Mnemonics


mnemonic: pertaining to memory


The older I get, the more I appreciate mnemonic devices to help me remember important concepts. And they seem to work!


A few years ago I learned that children need three things from their parents (and I really believe it's true!) The three A's are:

attention

affection &

approval


A new book out this week states that a "real man" desires to do three things for the woman in his life (and, I would add, his children). The three P's are:

profess his love

protect &

provide


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Am I allowed to comment on my own blog? I hope so, because I keep thinking about that last P -- provide. It's true -- someone has to provide for a family, often two people these days, and it usually falls to the man for lots of reasons, biological, cultural, and economic. But many men in this economic crisis are struggling to provide for their families. This isn't due to any sort of character defect. The key is these real men still DESIRE to provide -- they are just unable to do so, at least for a time.