Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Some Intriguing Quotes


Men like women who write. Even though they don't say so. A writer is a foreign country. – Marguerite Duras, French novelist

If you ask me what I came into this life to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. – Emile Zola

There are two men inside the artist, the poet and the craftsman. One is born a poet. One becomes a craftsman. – Emile Zola

Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else. – Gloria Steinem

To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness. - Bertrand Russell

I realized all the really good ideas I had came to me while I was milking a cow. So, I moved back to Iowa. - Grant Wood, Iowa native and painter.

John Kennedy once said to a assembled group of scholars in the White House, "I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."

Life, as I discovered, holds no more wretched occupation than trying to make the English laugh. – Malcom Muggeridge, editor of Punch

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. - W.B. Yeats

I wake up every morning determined both to change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning the day a little difficult. - E. B. White

That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all your life, but in a new way. - Doris Lessing

A happy family is but an earlier heaven. – Sir John Bowring

No matter how you feel, you get up, clean up, dress up and show up. – Anonymous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.