Sunday, August 15, 2010

Eclairs

I decided to make chocolate eclairs today for the first time ever. My mom told me years ago they are very easy to make, and I guess they are, but there are actually three recipes involved (dough, pudding, and glaze) so they weren't all that easy to make. Still, they were good and worth making again sometime when you consider a) how rare it is to find a bakery with really good eclairs, and b) the cost of eclairs at a really good bakery.

These are not picture perfect, but they kind of look like eclairs are supposed to look.

Maybe I will add some culinary quotes to go along with this post:

I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage. - Erma Bombeck

As with most fine things, chocolate has its season. There is a simple memory aid that you can use to determine whether it is the correct time to order chocolate dishes: any month whose name contains the letter A, E, or U is the proper time for chocolate. - Sandra Boynton

Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation. - Ben Franklin

My mother's menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it. - Buddy Hackett

An onion can make people cry, but there has never been a vegetable invented to make them laugh. - Will Rogers

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity. – Voltaire

My mother made me eat broccoli. I hate broccoli. I am the President of the United States. I will not eat any more broccoli. - George H. W. Bush

No comments: