Friday, January 9, 2015

Mrs. Sanders Has Been Found!

I have not looked at my blog (this blog) for several months, but when I went to look at it tonight, I saw that a comment had been received and was awaiting my approval to post. Frequently, such comments are from non-English speaking cons in other parts of the world who want me to invest or think we may be related, etc. so I am used to reporting them as spam and moving on, but tonight...and every night since Nov. 27th, apparently...there was a comment by (or at least about) my all-time favorite teacher, Mrs. Ann Sanders. I've been searching for her for decades now to thank her for being such a HUGE part of my life.

The comment said that my "beloved" Mrs. Sanders is now Dr. Sanders, and she is the assistant superintendent of the Kansas City, Missouri School District. With that information, I soon found an article praising her many accomplishments before, during, and after my eighth grade year, when she taught Social Studies at Broadmoor Jr. High in Overland Park, Kansas. She was fantastic! (I encourage you to read my earlier post in this blog about my quest to find her. Another of her former students found my post and joined my quest.)

So, for the moment at least, all is right with the world. Just knowing that Mrs. Sanders is out there and that she is still involved in education makes me happy. If all teachers could be as informed, as enthusiastic, as respectable, as professional, and as demanding as Mrs. Sanders, we would have the best education system in the world, bar none.

No comments: