Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving Preparations Underway...

This past week I set up a blog for my in-law family members to post pictures to, since we are spread out over a wide geographic area. At first, no one seemed to see the purpose for it, but I think everyone is catching on now that Grandpa understands it and can post to it. Everyone wants to communicate with him, naturally.

It's Thanksgiving this Thursday and we will be hosting the feast at our house. We expect to have 22 people in attendance and at least one turkey, with an array of side dishes, of course. Initially I balked at the idea of hosting, mostly due to the pre-party cleaning and prep, but then decided to go for it. I am going to celebrate the family and not worry as much about the little stuff, even the food, which would normally take center stage. Attitude is everything when it comes to family get-togethers (and most everything else in life).

Cleaning is slow-going for me right now. I don't know if I am being passive agressive, rebellious...Why is it so hard to see a cleaning project through to its completion? I do not understand. I remember when I would clean for comany and take the house from 0 to 60 in a day. I can't do that anymore. Tomorrow night we are having a guest sleepover, my son's college roommate en route to the airport early Wednesday morning...We (mostly I) will be cleaning between now and then, which will make Thanksgiving Day less of a bother.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We all appreciate the hard work and sacrifice you do to make our home beautiful. You're an amazing individual who is always rising above the mundane tasks of life with your humor, wit, observations and beauty. You may not realize the importance of what you do, and I may not notice it enough either, but you have lifted our lives to a delightful state of joy and satisfaction. I love you with all my heart. ~trptbuns~