Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Ongoing Theme: Quotes on Housework

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -- Zsa Zsa Gabor


My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance. -- Anonymous


I hate housework. You make the beds, you wash the dishes and six months later you have to start all over again. -- Joan Rivers


I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on. -- Roseanne Barr


Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful. -- William Morris, English designer and philosopher


The reality of the house is order
The blessing of the house is community
The glory of the house is hospitality
The crown of the house is godliness. – Frank Lloyd Wright


His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking, best, or a pleasant mixture of them all. -- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

No comments: