Monday, April 21, 2008

If a Dog Were Your Teacher...


I found this a while ago and always enjoy reading it when I'm thumbing through my quote book for something else, so I thought I'd share it here. It's the kind of thing a hundred people will send to you on internet - sorry about that - but it's true. Plus I am missing my own dog today while she is at the groomer.

If a dog were your teacher, you would learn stuff like...

...when loved ones come home, always run and greet them.
...when it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
...let others know when they've invaded your territory.
...take naps.
...stretch before rising.
...run, romp, and play daily.
...avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
...on hot days drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
...when you're happy, dance around and wag your tail.
...delight in simple joy of a long walk.
...eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you've had enough.
...be loyal and never pretend to be someone you're not.
...when someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

No comments: