Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Word of the Day: Loquacious

I chose today's word after driving my 6th grader to school yesterday. She was doing her vocabulary homework, asking me to define the words she didn't know, and, oops, I didn't know this one either. I'd seen it, of course, but didn't really KNOW what it meant. Perfect for a word of the day!

Loquacious (loh-KWAY-shuhs): excessively talkative, wordy, full of trivial conversation
Example sentences:
In contrast with the loquacious prosecutor, the defense attorney said few words before resting his case.
All plans for a productive day of housework were blown when a loquacious neighbor stopped by for a chat.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I just got news from dad when I called your house that you are now writing for the West Jordan Times. I wanted to give you my congratulations! That is awesome. I am tickled pink. Your spreading your wings and making dreams come true. You go girl!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Mark. I am going to be writing for the West Jordan Journal, one of the Valley Journal publications. It comes out monthly and I'll be writing features. Thanks for reading my blog!!!

Cheryl said...

Hey mommy,
I just used the word loquacious in a conversation with daddy and he said he had seen it on your blog and didn't know how to even pronounce it!!!
Abby