Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Few Quotes for Writers

In the course of transcribing my quote collection, I've come across a bunch of quotes for writers, some of which I will post here:

I reject your rejection. - Snoopy (Charles Schulz)

We [writers] have the power to bore people long after we are dead. - Sinclair Lewis

I wish you a wrestling match with your creative muse that will last a lifetime. - Ray Bradbury

Prose is architecture, not interior decoration. - Earnest Hemingway

The adjective is the enemy of the noun. - Voltaire

The muse is a tough buck. - Perlman

No work is ever finished - it is only abandoned. - Joseph Conrad

Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can only see as far as your headlights and you have to make the whole trip that way. - E.L. Doktorow

William Faulkner once described one of the joys of writing as the moment when a character stands up and casts a shadow.

No comments: